Frequently Asked Questions
- Are the Products Safe from Toxins? All SWP picnic rugs are environmentally safe, non-toxic and carry the OEKO-TEX label. OEKO-TEX Standard 100 is one of the world's best known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances.
- What Size are the Rugs? Our rugs when open are all 200cm x 200cm, when rolled they measure approx. 35cm x 17cm.
- Is there any joins in the material? No, all our rugs are crafted from a single fabric pieces, so no joins.
- Are the rugs water proof? We class the rugs as water resistant, not water proof. They are designed to be used on damp, dewy grass or sand without having water seep through but wont work as a pool toy.
- What do you mean by stain proof? All our rugs utilise a technology that causes liquids to bead when spilt on them, so the spill is easy to clean and wont soak into the material and stain.
- What do you mean by sand proof? The same technology that makes the rugs stain proof also makes them repel sand and grass seeds, so the only thing you take home from your picnic is the rug.
- How are the rugs limited edition? We only do 250 of each design per collection, once they are sold out that will be it unless they make a future "best of" or retro collection.
- Do you sell your rugs wholesale to retailers? Yes, we sell to selected retailers, CLICK HERE to learn more.
- How long after I order is it shipped? If you order before midday (Sydney Time) on a weekday, there is a great chance your order will leave same day, otherwise it will be next business day.
- How Long Does it Take to Ship? Depends on what shipping method you choose and your location to our Castle Hill NSW distribution centre.
- Do you order Free Shipping? If you spend over $160 shipping is on us.
- Can we Pick the Rugs Up? We can't offer a regular pick up as we use a 3PL company, but if its an emergency, drop us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you ship Overseas? We don't offer it as a regular option, but can organise a quote for you if you email us the details email@example.com
- Is Saltwater Picnic Australian? We sure are, we are based on the Central Coast of NSW and ship from Castle Hill NSW.
- Are your products made in Australia? When we can get products Aussie made we most definitely do (like our awesome picnic tables), but sometimes our needs cant be met here and need to be made off shore.
- Do you have an environmental focus? We think we have the most eco-friendly picnic rug in the world, you can ready all about it HERE.
We think we have the most eco-friendly picnic rug company in the world. Not only are our fabrics sourced by recycling plastic water bottles, but we choose our suppliers based on their willingness to utilise renewable energy sources for production and we also plant a tree for every rug sold to ensure we leave no carbon footprints.
We use a recycled Oxford fabric that is made from recycling plastic water bottles. We chose this fabric due to its luxurious feel and the ability to treat it to make it water, sand and stain proof.
All our rug designs are able to be cold, gentle machine washed using mild detergent and line dried only. DO NOT DRY CLEAN and ensure fully dry before rolling and storing away.
Sure is. Our backing material uses the latest fabric coating techniques to make it waterproof and also making it easy to remove sand and grass from it before folding it away.
Yes, they have a 150gsm recycled poly batting filling which is perfect for bum comfort while ensuring the rug is at a weight that keeps it easy to carry.
All our picnic rugs are a single piece of material. We noticed a lot of the large rugs on the market join fabrics, so you have a seam running through your rug. Outside of the fact having a seam does not look great, it creates a fail point and compromises quality and waterproofing.
Our standard rugs are all 2mtr x 2mtr (200cm x 200cm).
If the design you want was one of the two top selling designs it automatically gets a spot in the next collection. If it wasn't in the top two, once it sells out, that is it and you might not see that design released again.
This really depends on how quick each collection sells through, but we think to start we will release two collections per year which will see 20 designs in total.
The average weight of each rug design is around 1.8kgs, we found that this weight made them easy to carry, while allowing us to fill it with enough filling for bum comfort and also making them heavy enough to not be too wind effected.
We have Great News for you on this one at the moment … Standard Shipping is FREE for purchases of our first rug collection. Express Shipping is available for the first collection,
Orders received before 12noon Monday to Friday are guaranteed to be shipped the same day as you order, otherwise shipping will be the following business day. you will get an email with your tracking details as soon as your item leaves our Castle Hill NSW depot.
You would have received tracking information when your order was collected by AusPost. It gets sent to the email in which you placed the order through (sometimes your email with paypal). It may also be in your spam folder depending on your filter settings. If you can't find it in any of these places, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text _______ with your name and order number and we will send your tracking to you.
All shipping is dispatched from Castle Hill NSW, so the distance your location is from here, will determine the time your order takes to get to you. If you check your tracking, it should give you an estimated delivery date for your parcel.
We sure do, we use AusPost for this exact reason, so feel free to use your PO Box when ordering with us.
We do, but to organise an international shipping quote, please email us at email@example.com as depending on your country we will use different carriers that all have different pricing … that’s why it's not an option at the checkout.
We are based at Erina Heights, which is on the sunny Central Coast of NSW. All our designs are created here and general business operations happen here also. We use a logistic contractor to handle our postage and handling which is based in Castle Hill NSW.
Emma McDonald is the founder of Saltwater Picnic Co. She is also the person that made big beautiful waterproof designer picnic rugs an option in Australia when she developed the first of its kind a decade ago.
Emma decided to return to the picnic industry after realising that despite many new businesses in the space, that the perfect, sustainable picnic rug still didn't exist in Australia … until now.
Emma’s whole reason for starting Saltwater Picnic Co. was to sustainably curate an environment where friends and families can utilise the gift that is the Aussie Outdoors to meet, create memories up and enjoy a meal together.